Simple Ways to Give This #GivingTuesday
This December 3rd we are partnering with hundreds of other charitable organizations to promote #GivingTuesday as a day when ordinary people come together to achieve extraordinary things. Just as together we have the power to change the quality of cancer care in the United States, we can make a big impact this holiday season by finding creative ways to engage with good causes.
More than 1.6 million people will be diagnosed with cancer this year…
Here are some simple ways that you can make a difference in the lives of cancer patients, survivors, and the people that care for them.
- Take a few minutes to write a note to your Member of Congress in support of cancer care planning and care coordination.
- Choose how to help this holiday season – apply your contribution to our influential policy work, our award-winning survivorship resources, or wherever it’s needed most.
- Make a gift in memoriam or in tribute to someone special. You’ll receive a mailed acknowledgement of your tax-deductible donation, and we will also send notification of gift to your chosen addressee.
- Send out your support on social media using the #GivingTuesday or #unselfie hashtag.
- Share your story of survivorship with us on Facebook.
- Purchase “Cancer Sucks” or “Choose Hope” buttons in support of our work.
- Shop online this holiday season using one of the affiliate programs that donate a percentage of your purchase to NCCS.